We are open and here to help. Please telephone rather than attend in person if you need our services. When calling the surgery you will be asked for your symptoms by our reception team and will be offered a telephone consultation in the first instance. Please note the reception team cannot be precise int he time you will be called but we will contact you on the number of your choice. One of our GPs will call you back and may then either use a secure video service or book a face to face consultation if appropriate. Thank you for your cooperation. The Doctors at Batheaston Medical Centre.
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
This includes people of all ages – even if you do not have any symptoms or other health conditions.
You should only leave your home for very limited purposes:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, including to donate blood, to avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or help a vulnerable person
- travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home
These reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
There is separate advice:
- if you’re at a higher risk of getting seriously ill from coronavirus
- about self-isolation if you or someone you live with has symptoms of coronavirus
To help yourself stay well while you’re at home:
- stay in touch with family and friends over the phone or on social media
- try to keep yourself busy – you could try activities like cooking, reading, online learning and watching films
- do light exercise at home, or outside once a day.